A blog is a powerful tool for everyone who wants to promote a product, a cause, an idea, or themselves. As an author, my three blogs have helped me sell books, and equally important, connect with other authors.
Two of my other blogs are about health/wellness, relationships, spirituality, and ovarian cancer. Through my blogs I have reached thousands of people around the world to bring them information and inspiration.
Here are some important tips to make your blog more successful:
1. Keep your topic between 300-500 words. Most people do not want to read a lengthy blog. We are a society that wants concise and well-written information.
2. Using photos, diagrams, or quotes can add interest or reinforce the essence of the message. Be sure to give credit to the source.
3. Check your spelling and grammar. Poorly written blogs will not fare well.
4. Respond to comments left. If someone has taken the time to write a question or comment, it is only polite and respectful to respond to them in a timely manner.
5. Build a subscriber list by collecting emails from everyone you encounter. Have a sign-up sheet at any presentation. Be sure to set up a place for people to "follow you."
6. Invite others to do guest blogs. Follow other bloggers and leave comments. Reblog other blogs that fit well with your blog being sure to give correct credit.
7. Have your topic current with today's world. There are millions of subjects to blog about no matter what your purpose as a blogger is. Just Google words or subjects and you will find a plethora of information.
8. Provide links.
9. Enjoy writing your blog. If it is a negative experience, it will be sensed by the reader.
Thank you for stopping by today. I invite you to leave your thoughts and ideas on how to make a blog successful. We all can learn from each other.