Friday, April 21, 2017

SPRING BOOK & BLOCK PARTY






WELCOME TO THE “SPRINGTIME BOOK & BLOCK PARTY”

 PRIZES FOR TODAY ONLY ARE:

SIGNED PAPERBACK COPY OF “NOVY’S SON”
OR
SIGNED PAPERBACK COPY OF “OUTSHINE”

THERE ARE TWO (2) PRIZES TODAY
(I will ship to any place)


I live in Tavares, Florida approximately 25 miles north of Orlando. I am a native San Diego girl (great climate but too crowded), lived in Minnesota for 45 years (Br-r-r-rr-r), now enjoying retirement in Florida (ah-h-h-h-h).
Our home sits on the western shore of Lake Dora. Here is the view from my office. From here I wrote my three books, do my two blogs, and write articles for various sites.



Spring is a time of new buds on trees, flowers in bloom, and young animals exploring life for the first time. I love to watch the alligators, anhingas, ducks, bald eagles, heron, and egrets (to name a few) and I love to garden, play games, and play golf. Being outside in the sunshine is very healing.











         It is a time of renewal and growth and a time for...   


My husband, Jim had three back surgeries in three months starting in August of 2016. He has finally defeated a staph infection at the incision and is doing great. I was giving him IV antibiotics three times a day for three months before he was able to take them orally.

In October of 2016, my cancer came back for the second time! I was back on chemo, but now am successfully recovering from major surgery to remove the tumor. Now it is time for the doctors to decide what to do with a spot (tumor or scar tissue?) on my left lung. 


Jim and I are grateful for your prayers, support, and understanding. My involvement with RRBC has been limited the past several months, but now looking forward to being a more supportive, and more involved member.



It is time to have a book and blog party as only RRBC can do!  What a great organization...join now if you haven't yet.

I invite you to become a follower of my blog here for authors and avid readers, www.kareningalls.blogspot.com. Perhaps you might like to do a guest post as well. My second blog which I invite you to also follow which is about health/wellness, relationships, and spirituality at www.outshineovariancancer.blogspot.com.



I am reintroducing my first two published books. Both books are available at a discounted Kindle price of 0.99 for this weekend only. (*If Amazon does not show these discounted prices, I will offer them again at a later date). If you do not win perhaps you will consider purchasing them. All proceeds from all my books go to gynecologic cancer research. 

“Outshine” is for anyone who has faced or is facing any type of cancer. My cancer was ovarian of which most people know so little. Yet, cancer is cancer and we survivors walk similar paths. In the award winning book, “Outshine” you will learn about healthy methods I used to cope with the cancer…and I still do today though I am in remission.


Here is an excerpt from “Outshine”:
   “I learned from my grandmother and adopted aunt that attitude, acceptance, and determination are important factors in healing the body, mind, and spirit. Those women were, and still are today, wonderful role models for me. They each succeeded in living healthy and productive lives through their positive attitudes, looking at life on earth as a stepping-stone to an even greater place. They worked hard and saw each obstacle as a challenge. Thanks to them, I have always used the word challenge instead of problem, test, or trial. I like challenge because I envision positivity, winning, learning, and growing.
“An important lesson I learned early in life is that the beauty of the soul, the real me and the real you, outshines the effects of cancer, chemotherapy, and radiation. It outshines any negative experience.”


Novy’s Son is my first published novel about one man’s journey through life seeking to receive unconditional love from his father. He did not learn from his father how to be a healthy role model for his children. Without such role models the “Iron John” is lost, a concept popularized by renowned author, Robert Bly. I have based the story on my father, sons, and men I counseled as a nurse therapist for 20 years. This book points to an important role that is too often lost in families, which in turn leads to dysfunctional behaviors.

       

  Book Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-rNU2pUZnI

                            http://goo.gl/s9UCCU 

      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Novys-Son-Selfish-Karen-Ingalls-ebook/dp/B01B1O2VQY/ref=sr

Excerpt with the main character, Murray reminiscing:
“As the mother of three sons, Karen talks about the importance of the Iron John principle, which states it’s a father’s role to teach his son about being a man and a father. After her divorce from George, she said she was concerned if George was being the Iron John for their sons. She can get into psychological mumbo jumbo I don’t agree with and don’t want to discuss or think    about. If this is true about my grandfather to my dad and then to me, it doesn’t change anything. According to everyone who knew him, my brother Richard turned out to be a fine young man and would have made a wonderful father. Jack’s life was different and complicated by the diabetes. We all grew up in the same house, had the same father, and we each turned out differently. I am who I am, and that’s all there is to it.”


Thank you for stopping by. Don’t forget to leave a comment! You might be the winner of one of the two prizes. 


http://www.kareningalls.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/KIngallsAuthor
http://facebook.com    (goo.gl/mgK8xW)
http://www.kareningallsbooks.com    (goo.gl/pB7E22)
http://www.linkedin.com/in/karen-ingalls   (goo.gl/GUkrvj)
http://www.outshineovariancancer.com
http://www.outshineovariancancer.blogspot.com
http://goodreads.com/kareningalls
http://plus.google.com/+Kareningalls1941

66 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I love your beautiful pictures. What an amazing place to write! I loved your book, "Novy's Son". It was an amazing, insightful read-- and I want to read more of your books. They are on my kindle waiting patiently for me. I have, and will keep you and your husband in my prayers, and send healing thoughts your way. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning!Thank you for coming to visit my blog. Thank you for your continued prayers and healing thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your lovely blog. I already own theBook DAVIDA and thoroughly enjoyed reading and reviewing it. I love that you and I gave SPRINTIME blogging on the same day! All the best. I hope you are much better. Hugs from me 😃😃😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and I am glad that you stopped by my blog today. Davida was my favorite book to write and I appreciate your kind review. Novy's Son and Outshine are quite different but each have an important social or health message.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Charles. Glad to have you here today.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful place to do your work. I also like your positive attitude and hope you do well on the party tour today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support and I am very blessed to have such a beautiful and inspiring place to write.

      Delete
  5. Good Morning Karen. Such a lovely and positive post. I'm following all your blogs now and I hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary for your kind words and support.

      Delete
  6. Always thinking about you, Karen! Thank you for sharing with us. I hope you have a wonderful party day!! ~Mar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party is going great and I am having fun. Thank you for your kind words, Marlena.

      Delete
  7. Karen,
    Hope you and your husband recover quickly. I have friends all around me who suffer the effects of cancer and back surgery (along with knee and hit replacements etc.) As a friend said to me, "Getting old is not for sissies) Although these things can happen at any age.
    Beautiful blog. You have a great attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thanks to you again, Patricia for helping me out during my recovery. Your willingness to do two guest posts was very helpful.

      Delete
  8. Great post - glad you're well enough to party once again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling great and happy to be more involved again.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely post, Karen. You have both certainly been through it. Your courage and bright spirit shines through in Outshine. Best wishes with everything. I love the photos ... beautiful ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outshining through any challenge has been my philosophy most of my life. Glad you like the photos...it is a hobby I enjoy.

      Delete
  10. You are in my prayers, Karen. Thank God for making you the way you are, with a positive and accepting mind. Our bodies react to the state of our minds. That is why, if the mind wills It, the body responds. Enjoy your party today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, I so agree with everything you say. I have believed in the holistic approach for most of my life. I learned it from my grandmother and great aunt.
      Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  11. Your office view is so tranquil! I hope 2017 is being kinder to you and your husband. I read Novy's Son and definitely recommend it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one of the most blessed people to have such a beautiful view full of wildlife and peace. Thank you for your recommendation of Novy's Son.

      Delete
  12. Hi, Karen! I am loving the pictures. Great blog post as well. I continue to hold you up in prayer. You are often in my thoughts each day. I am wishing you the very best on this day of your Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beem. Thank you for your good wishes and prayers. I am doing well and my husband is 99% cured. Glad you came to the party today.

      Delete
  13. Hi Karen...I am just north of San Diego in the Murrieta hills. Don't have a view of a lake, but I see hills. It's important to find the right place to write. Enjoyed your blog and posts and looking forward to reading your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, I am not familiar with Murrieta hills. I moved from San Diego in 1969 and I know that all of Southern California has grown by leaps and bounds. To have a view of nature is what is important for me whether it is hills, mountains, desert, or water. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Hi - I love your pictures and the view from your office - really beautiful! Great blog, thank you for sharing your books and your story. I wish you and your husband much love and healing. Glad I stopped by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lynn, it is nice to connect with you. Thank you for your good wishes for love and healing. We are both well on our way.

      Delete
  15. I love your pictures and you have a great view from your office. Hope everything goes well with you both in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karen, lovely post. I like your office view. I sit and look out over the river from my work space. Water is so calming and inspiring isn't it? Cancer is a nasty thing and at my age, I'm certain I will be dealing with it soon as well. But you're right, it is a challenge and acceptance and positivity are good medicine, along with a little chemo and/or radiation. Hope you have faced the disease for the last time. Thank you for reading my books and all the support you have given me as well. Glad your husband has defeated the staph scourge. Nasty stuff! Good luck and success with the party. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry, nature calms me whether it is water, mountains, desert, or just watching wildlife. I pray you never have to face cancer, but whatever the challenge we need to face it with healthy coping measures. I'm glad you came to the party.

      Delete
  17. Hi Karen, you have such a beautiful view to draw inspiration. I am praying that you and your husband enjoy better health. Loving your blog and will be back to take a second look at it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley, thank you for your prayers. We are both doing very well now and plan to stay that way! Thank you for coming to the party.

      Delete
  18. All our prayers are with you Karen. Enjoy your tour today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your prayers are much appreciated. The party would not be complete without you here...glad you came.

      Delete
  19. Hi Karen, I just loved your blog post and your attitude. Suffering from chronic illness for over 25 years, reading your words reinforced how I try to live. I think an environment with nature would help but it's not easy for me. Your book sounds like a winner and is on my tbr list. You and now your husband are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Micki, I believe in holistic health practices of meditation, positivity, humor, good nutrition, and exercise just to name a few. Communing with nature is very important to me. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  20. Hi Karen, Loved your writing view photo. We lived in Florida (near Tampa) for a whole winter (too hot for me in the summer) one year and hoped to make it a yearly thing but had to work so it didn't happen. Now it's too far for me. But when I retire (hopefully in 2018) we hope to spend our winters on the North Carolina coast. My prayers and thoughts are with you during your struggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get enough sea breeze from the Atlantic most days and I love the heat. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  21. Hi Karen,
    Lovely blog stop, love all your pictures and I'm glad your husband is doing better.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne for stopping by today.

      Delete
  22. Hi Karen. What an inspiring post. I'm so impressed with your attitude regarding your cancer. When mine was diagnosed, planted my tubby tushie on the couch and didn't move much until after the surgery. I'm sorry to say I wasn't an inspiration at all. Lol I hope you are having a great day on the tour. I'm headed over to Amazon to take a closer look at your books. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned early in life that a holistic approach with faith, positivity, humor, meditation, and good nutrition is important to face whatever challenge life brings. Thank you for sharing, Rhani.

      Delete
  23. Wow! You are a brave and inspiring couple.I live in Florida with my honey hubby, I'm close to the Atlantic, but don't have the view you have. Loved visiting today. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fran, maybe we can meet up sometime. I am in central Florida just north of Orlando. I am glad you came to the party today.

      Delete
  24. There's so much inspiration here, Karen. "The beauty of the soul outshines the effects of cancer" is one. Your positive attitude that views problems as challenges, and your strong faith that shines through. I look forward to reading your books. I'll wait to see if I win one, but if not, you're eventually going into my queue. Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda for your kind words.

      Delete
  25. I love the picture of you and Jim. You are both survivors and inspirations! I loved Novy's Son and believe every young man should read it, if for no other reason than to see what a man should NOT become. Hope you enjoy your party day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thank you for your endorsement of Novy's Son. Every father needs to be a healthy role model for his son. It is called the Iron John based on Robert Bly's famous book, Iron John. Glad you came to the party.

      Delete
  26. I was touched by your recent ordeal with you and your husband. Your books are an inspiration as I too write to get a message across about the devastation of cancer on the family unit. I wish you the best with your health as you wait for an answer from your MD. Your books sounds like you told a good story. My reading list for this month is full. I hope to add your book either June or July. Although late, I enjoyed your block party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracie, I am most interested in what you have written about cancer and the family. I am glad you came to the party and we have become connected.

      Delete
  27. Karen, I am such an admirer of both your writing and your undoubtable courage. 'Novy's Son' was profoundly moving. I loved 'Davida' and the review will appear soon. Wishing you more sunshine filled days, my friend❤️️

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Karen, I'm currently reading "Outshine" - it's a compelling read - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, thank you for your comment about "Outshine" which I do appreciate.

      Delete
  29. Hello Karen, thank you for sharing your life with us. The photo of you and your husband is imprinted on my heart - lovely and compelling. As you know, I enjoyed each of your books. You're a wonderful writer, and I am so glad you are able to return to that gift now. Thank you for sharing your lovely self with us. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gwen for your kind words and your support of me.

      Delete
  30. I certainly admire your spirit and determination. I am a hop and skip from you over in Citrus County! As a new member of RRBC, let me say how nice it is to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to RRBC and thank you for coming to the party. Perhaps we can meet halfway sometime for lunch or a cup of coffee. Let's stay in touch.

      Delete
  31. Keep on writing your beautiful books and continued health for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your view from your writing room, Karen :-D Have a beautiful Springtime and all the best for the remaining surgery which will hopefully mean you can enjoy the rest of the year to the full! (((((HUGS))))) <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Karen. Thank you for sharing your journey. I love your attitude and I do think how we look at things makes all the difference. I love that you look at things as challenges not problems. The mind set really does change how you approach things. I truly hope you and your husband health and wellness going forward. I look forward to reading your books. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Karen, in searching my mind for something to say I went back to things you wrote and pictures above. I'm left with saying this: you are a real blessing to so many...thanks for this great blog stop.
    Robert Kimbrell

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Karen! Many blessings to you and your husband. Such an inspirational journey to share. XO

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm so happy to hear about the good prognosis with both you and your husband Karen. You've both been through so much. Welcome back to blogland. :)

    ReplyDelete