Monday, February 6, 2017

SPOTLIGHT AUTHOR TOUR

Hello and thank you so much for joining me today on this awesome blog, as part of my Rave Reviews Book Club's "SPOTLIGHT" Author Tour.

My thanks to my hostess today.


Sheila Harrington is the primary antagonist in Acts Beyond Redemption. Today I thought I'd allow you a peek inside Sheila Harrington's closet. (The clothes one).

Sheila is deadly in oh so many ways.

Let's begin with her formal attire, like the little black number she wore to the Governor of New York City's Ball, as his date she was expected to shine...

She accessorized the look with these: 
 

                                                

                                                    For a cocktail party she chooses: 

There is nothing simple about Sheila. When she plays, she plays hard...but what does she wear when she's working? Well there's something like this, and the mask is a must.
 

            Or for those times when her other work means that invisible is the only way to be...

           And she always carries the essentials in her little bag of tricks...doesn't every woman?


                                      Sheila has even been known to rest on occasion...

And, what does she wear at the end of her day?  Just a smile!  She is truly a woman to die for.

                   Thanks again for popping in. I hope you enjoyed the fashion parade.


Please join me again on the next stop on this exciting Rave Reviews Book Club Spotlight Author Tour. And another huge and grateful thank you to my host.

Suzanne Burke lives, laughs, writes, and enjoys her life in the beautiful harbor-side city of Sydney, Australia. She is a mother and grandmother, now in her sixties, and considers every moment of every day as a precious treasure to be valued and explored and not simply endured.

Her non-fiction works are written under the pen-name of Stacey Danson. They are both challenging and thought provoking works covering the earliest years of her life, the topic of child abuse, and the PTSD that accompanied her into her later years are not by virtue of their subject matter an easy or comfortable read, yet so many have read them. She will be forever grateful that her readers have assisted in raising awareness into this painful and enduring evil.

An awareness that is vital in any efforts to stem this tide of inhuman acts perpetrated on the most innocent of us all...the children.

She escapes into the world of fiction in her thriller and suspense novels, continually exploring other genres such as paranormal and dystopian, and always delighting in the magical escapism offered in the written word. She is an avid reader and reviewer who enjoys sharing the works she explores.

Follow Suzanne online:
     Facebook @StaceyandSuzie
     Twitter: @purssot
     Website: https://sooozburkeauthor.wordpress.com/
      



49 comments:

  1. Love this, Soooz! This is just how I imagined Shelia. Your writing described her beautifully!
    I'm really enjoying your tour; see you at the next stop! :)
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Karen, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Natalie! I am so delighted that I was able to help folks visualize what I was seeing as I wrote Sheila's character. I had soooo much fun creating my monster. Thanks for stopping by. Soooz.

      Delete
    2. I enjoyed having Soooz here today.

      Delete
  2. Another fab post, Suzanne! Thanks so much, Karen, for hosting our SA!! So appreciate you and your awesome support!! ~Mar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Mar. The continued support I receive from Rave Reviews Book Club, and its' awesome members brightens my days more than I can ever hope to express.

      Delete
    2. Soooz is a great author and her post today shows her creativity. It was my honor to have her here with me today.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy complex characters, especially baddies who you hate to love. Looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy! Sheila and the other pivotal characters are certainly complex. They were so much fun, and quite addictive to write. I hope you enjoy the read.

      Delete
    2. Wendy, you will enjoy this book. I guarantee it.

      Delete
  4. What a creative way to give us more insight into your character. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michelle! I'm so pleased you are enjoying these brief insights. I had such a lovely time creating each post.

      Delete
    2. Soooz has a definite creativity gift.

      Delete
  5. Karen, thanks so much for hosting this leg of my tour, and for doing such a great presentation. I appreciate the time you put in. Soooz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and great experience to have you on my blog. Congratulations on being our Spotlight author.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bette. I appreciate the kindness.

      Delete
  7. LOL, Soooze. This was an excellent way to portray your character. Thanks Karen for hosting Sooze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, John! (Waves ... with an Aussie accent! Tricky that.) I'm glad it made you laugh. Sheila is such a sweetheart. lol ...

      Delete
    2. I would not have thought to portray a character in a book in such a clever way. Glad you stopped by, John.

      Delete
  8. Suzanne, I love this. What a sense of humor and play with words. Good for you. Thanks Karen for hosting this talented author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shirley! I had such fun preparing this post. Sheila does have a passion for fashion, and quite a number of other things. I think she may well have a problem with long term relationships. She's a kind of 'love 'em' or 'kill 'em' type of monster.

      Delete
    2. Creativity is Soooz middle name! This was a joy to post on my blog.

      Delete
  9. Great fashion parade, Soooz! Thanks for hosting, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John. It's always great to get front row seats for these fashionista things. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
    2. It was quite the fashion show. Glad you stopped by, John.

      Delete
  10. Funny stuff. Makes me wonder what else she has hidden away in her closet. It's a far cry from what's in mine.
    Rebecca Carter, writing as Ronesa Aveela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the closet if full of beautiful and fashionable clothing...so different from mine also.

      Delete
    2. Hi, Rebecca! Sheila's closet contains the MOST unexpected things! Did you know 'rocket launchers' come in hot pink? lol.

      Delete
  11. Great pics, Suzanne. It helps to build that inner vision for the story. Best wishes to you.

    Thanks for hosting, Karen. I am loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read the book and the photos fit perfectly as I would visualize Sheila to be.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, again for stopping by, Beem!
      Karen's blog is awesome!

      Delete
  12. What a great way to visualize your characters! And I can see her wearing all of these thing perfectly. Enjoying this tour and blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooz has a definite talent in the field of creativity. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. I'm so pleased that the visuals I have selected marry up with your own idea of what Sheila would wear.

      Delete
  13. Assassins should always be well-dressed I say! :-P Thanks for taking us through the wardrobe keyhole, Sooz ;-)
    Thanks for having us all around, Karen! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were here, Jan to see how assassins really dress...or at least one does.

      Delete
    2. Hiya, Jan.
      Sheila wears her clothes like armor; designer label armor of course!

      Delete
  14. Okay Suzanne, Sheila must be the typical femme fatale! Once you know them, you stay out of their way. They have no qualms! Thank you Karen for hosting her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my joy to have Suzanne here on the blog.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for stopping by again, Joy. Sheila is definitely best avoided, the only problem with that is that she then comes in pursuit.

      Delete
  15. A clever post, Soooz, and that wardrobe and the accessories are surely in line with Sheila's personality.
    Thanks to Karen for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne is a creative author in presenting her books. It was a pleasure to be her hostess today.

      Delete
    2. Hello, Mae Clair! Sheila has soooo many hidden areas in her closet. Talk about clothes to die for! Eeek.

      Delete
  16. Sheila sure sounds like an interesting character. Loved the pics and your descriptions, Suzanna.
    Thanks for hosting, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my honor and joy to host Suzanne.

      Delete
  17. What a clever way to let us see the vision that is Sheila. You described her perfectly so these accessories and clothes are perfect. Just as I imagined

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats again Sooz. Sorry so late. Been sick but catching up now. I hope you enjoyed your wonderful tour.

    ReplyDelete