I am old-fashioned and do love paper or hard bound books; however, I cannot always resist the temptation to read the ebook versions on my i-pad or telephone.
Here are some thoughts for a person to consider in what format to read:
1. The feel of a book is very special.
Ebooks feel only varies from i-pad to telephone.
2. Some books can weigh a fair amount and be difficult for some people to hold.
Our electronic books are light and the weight is consistently the same no matter the book size!
3. The artistry involved in the front and back covers are to be enjoyed and spark an interest in
what is between the covers.
The front covers in ebooks are seen but their vibrancy and artistry are often missed. The back
portion of the book jacket is often missing.
I just have to put a plug in for my book cover designer, Jay Monroe. He has done
a fantastic job with each of my very different books.
All available at www.amazon.com
Proceeds from all three books go
to gynecologic cancer research.
4. Photos in the middle or end of the book add to an appreciation of the book's message.
Such photos are not always shown in ebooks.
5. For me the textures and smells of a hard-bound book add richness to the experience of
being a book reader.
Ebooks lack that kind of stimulation to the senses.
6. Paperback and hardbound books are more expensive to purchase, but that is because of
the higher costs to produce them.
One can purchase ebooks for quite a bit less money. Some are even free.
7. A disadvantage to "real books" is the temptation to break the spine so the pages are easier
to read. To a devoted and true book lover, it is almost a sin to break the spine.
With our electronic books there is no need nor ability to break the spine!
I hope you have learned from and enjoyed my thoughts. The important conclusion is the tremendous value, beauty, and education from reading a book.
SO KEEP ON READING!
AND I ENCOURAGE YOU TO JOIN RAVE REVIEWS BOOK
CLUB AND EXPLORE THE AMAZING WORKS BY