Sunday, November 13, 2016

NOVY'S SON, BOOK TRAILER




“WELCOME” to Rave Reviews Book Club’s 
HOLIDAY TRAIN “BOOK TRAILER” BLOCK PARTY
for my book,
NOVY'S SON

Here’s What I’m Giving Away Today:

*$10.00 Amazon Gift Card
*One (1) Autographed Paperback copy of Novy's Son

# of Winners for this stop:  2


MY BOOK TRAILER FOR NOVY'S SON
IS COMPELLING & HAUNTING.
I INVITE YOU TO TAKE A LOOK AT IT, 
LEAVE A COMMENT FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A PRIZE.

***
 Reader: There are two editions to Novy's Son. The second one is using all 
               real names and places. This story is based on my own father, but 
               tells about many sons who do not receive the needed attention
               from their fathers. It has been coined as the loss of the Iron John
               by Robert Bly in the 1980's.


INTRODUCTION:

From his early childhood, Murray Clark sought love and acceptance from his father, who was raised as the bastard child of a famous artist. Murray struggled with jealousy toward his younger brothers, and he questioned the morals and values of people around him.
As an adult, Murray lived life his way, with years of lying, womanizing, and heavy drinking. Though married four times did he ever find unconditional love?
Would Murray's high intelligence, his love for his two daughters, and his unique philosophy of life help him rise above his demons?



Today's interview is with Murray Clark (aka Michael St Germain).
He is the main character from Novy's Son, The Selfish Genius.
  
1.  Mr. Clark, you had to move three times and change schools when you were a young lad. How did you feel about those major changes?

         The first time I was scared and angry. I was only five and did not understand why having a new brother or sister would mean I had to leave my parents and home. But, I loved Uncle Leon and Aunt Helen and I had a good time there.


2.  You had jealousy with your brother, Richard. Did you ever resolve those feelings?

         I don't think my brother or dad knew about my jealousy though my mother did. And, I still have jealousy of him. He seemed so perfect, likable and smart. He could do no wrong. If he had lived a full life, I suppose he and Helen would have married and told Karen the truth of her birth. I don't think I could have stood for that.


  3.  What made your relationship with Grace so special?
       
          She was the first and only woman with whom I could be totally myself. She was smart, beautiful, and a good listener. As I look back she reminded me of my mother though they did not look alike. Her life was cut short and I will always be angry about that.


4.  Who are you angry at? You appear to be angry with so many people and events throughout your life.

          I had to give this question a lot of thought. In the end, I guess I am angry that my life was so hard. My dad was so strict and no matter what I did it not seem to please him. And, if there is a God (which I do not think there is) I am very angry at Him. He caused the early deaths of Uncle Leon, Aunt Helen, and Grace all of whom I loved. And I am angry that He took Richard at such a young age from which Dad never recovered.


5.   A final question: Do you think you were a good father to Joan and Karen?

          I wish I could answer that with a yes. I was a better father to Karen, but as I look back I was wrong to disown Joan. I should have tried to work things out with her, but I had so much going against me. Her mother hated me and was always doing things to put a wedge between my daughters and me.
          I regret how I treated Karen those last years. I see now that she always acted in my best interest and did everything possible to help me. I blamed her for my finances, health, and living situation the last years of my life.
         With all my faults as a father, I did love my daughters and tried to do the best I knew how.


 THANK YOU
for
STOPPING BY, WATCHING THE VIDEO
and
LEAVING A COMMENT

2 comments:

  1. I've bookmarked this Karen.Looks like a compelling read,and I loved the trailer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is somewhat a mirror of your own childhood and parents. Based on a true story, my father sought for his father's love and attention through lying, cheating, drinking. The father did not know how to teach his son, because he did not learn. The cycle needs to get broken. Thanks for stopping by, Debby.

      Delete