Monday, June 6, 2016

TITLES--BLOG TOUR DAY 3

                                                  BOOK TITLES


                     What goes into the author's thinking as he/she selects a book title?

                             Does the title come easily, or is it a difficult process?


This is the subject of today's blog tour and I am grateful to have Jan Sikes as my hostess. She is an award winning author of three books and a member of Rave Reviews Book Club.
                                             Did the titles of her books come easily?

Novy's Son, The Selfish Genius was a title for which I struggled. I also knew there would not be many, if any other books with a similar name. I believe this title lets the reader know the premise of the story.

             So you might be asking, "Who is Novy?' or "What is Novy?"

Here is a short excerpt from the book that will answer your question:


I wanted the bronze medallion of our dad when he was a young child. The medallion was known as Novy, the endearing name my grandfather gave my dad. Biographies about my grandfather often refer to it. When I was a student at the University of New Mexico, I had it framed as a Christmas gift to Dad. From his words and the look in his eyes, I knew for once I had done something of which he was very proud.

I invite you to go to amzn.to/25HsWky where you will find Novy's Son at the reduced Kindle price of 0.99 from June 6-13.

                   Join me now as a follower at www.kareningalls.blogspot.com


                        Prizes are available for some lucky winners during this blog tour.
                                       Here is the link to the tour's schedule: https://4willspublishing.wordpress.com/upcoming-events/join-the-blog-tour-author-kareningalls1/

No comments:

Post a Comment