Friday, April 22, 2016

INTERVIEW WITH S.R. LEWIS

I am pleased to introduce S.R. Lewis, an established author who has a passion for writing AND a passion for helping people find their faith.


1. Tell us a little about yourself.

     I was born and brought up in a New England seaside village. I now reside in Virginia in a country setting. I have been writing since I was a child...first poems...lyrics to songs...and then books. I have two grown daughters and three granddaughters and have been married for a great number of years to my best friend, Tom. 
    I am a Christian and rely on my faith to get me through the rough patches of life. I really enjoy giving retreats to teach others about forgiveness and faith...I am currently working on a third book...it is a fiction and should be out by the end of this year. More about it on my website: 

                                                                       www.srlewis.org 

                                                          www.facebook.com/srlewis1956/


2. What was your favorite book when you were a child?
    
     Actually when I was fifteen, I was given a teen Bible and I read it cover to cover. I did enjoy the Anne of Green Gables series.


3. Do you have any special memories attached to your reading when you were young?

    It took me into a different world much better than how I grew up.

4. Tell us about the first book you wrote. What inspired you? 

    My first published book was released in October 2012 titled "Falling into Place Touched by Diving Inspiration." The whole story of the inspiration is in there and how my life was saved many times over when I was a child by Angels and God.  I went through abuse...both emotional and physical and death of both parents in one weekend by natural causes...losing the ones I love to death...mysteries that happened to me that couldn't be explained until not. Mostly all before I was twelve....



5. If you could sit down for dinner with three authors, who would choose and why?

    I would love to have dinner with Mitch Albom. He inspires so many and I love books he writes. I am hoping someday to spend some time with James Patterson with his knowledge of book writing and also Dr. Ben Carson.

6. Do you have a favorite place to write?

   If the opportunity arises, in a cottage by the sea...but that's not always an option...so wherever the inspiration begins...I write.

7. In closing, is there any advice you would like give to other authors?

    My advice to other authors...research...there is a lot of marketing...a lot of writing...creativity and know how before you take the journey of being an author...I have self published and traditional published and I amy go back to self publishing for the next book because I pretty much do a lot of the marketing myself anyways. I already know what to do as far as a book tour...keep going and don't give up...Edit, Edit, Edit...and have a clear vision of the writing so that you can also create a fantastic book cover...Brand yourself...bookmarks, reviews...business cards...websites...there is no end to the possibilities of your book...Pray.

                                                                   www.facebook.com/srlewis1956/

                                                                 www.srlewis.org

No comments:

Post a Comment