Wednesday, February 21, 2018
I have been an avid book reader and lover of books all my life. It began when my grandmother read books to me, probably when I was just a toddler. Both my mother and grandmother were avid readers. My mother loved Erle Stanley Gardner books and Grandma read historical and biographical books.
Here are some fun facts about book lovers. See if any of them fit you.
1. They have great imaginations.
2. They like to escape to foreign places or become other people through their minds only.
3. Readers like to learn: historical, biographical, scientific, and geographical. The most popular fiction books are romance, crime, fantasy, and horror; for non-fiction it is cooking, biographies, medical/health, and history.
4. Most readers like the feel, smell, and look of a hard-bound or paperback book, but some do enjoy the ease of using an e-book. Only 27% of Americans prefer e-books.
5. Readers enjoy sitting in a comfortable chair, on a beach lounge chair, propped up in bed, or while on a crowded bus, train, or plane for distraction.
6. Speaking of distraction: readers like to read a book rather than listen to mundane chatter, ease off impatience, or escape the hustle and bustle around them.
7. As a child I would hide under the blankets with my flashlight just to read one more chapter despite Mother's instructions, "It's time for bed." I still hide under the blanket with my I-phone in the early morning hours so that I won't wake up my husband.
8. Favorite pasttimes at our grandparent's house was to look at the pictures from Saturday Evening Post, Look, and National Geographic magazine. We would read various articles as they appealed to our interests and reading skills.
9. Avid readers often become authors.
10. An important fact: reading to young children stimulates their brains and imaginations. They will probably become part of the 91% who will read at least 6 books in a year.
Become a follower and share some fun facts about you as a reader in the comment section. Your name will be put in a basket for a chance to win a free ebook.
My thanks to the following for some of the content above:http://www.ingramspark.com/blog/facts-about-readers-what-people-read-and-how.
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Gracie Bradford is an extraordinary woman and an amazing author. It has been my privilege to "meet" her through Rave Reviews Book Club. Her career history goes beyond being an author. She has worked in pediatric medical nutrition, she has mentored at Scott and White Hospital in Temple, Texas, and is CEO of her company, MBradford Management Associates. For the month of February she was given the honor of being the Spotlight Author. Please give her a warm welcome.
Excerpt from June the Prune & Lady Bird:
Thursday, February 8, 2018
I am pleased to have author, Francois Keyser here as my guest. He chose to leave the corporate world and become an author and entrepreneur. He is the author of "The Junglies" series of books. His books are a true delight for anyone to read, not just children.
Sunday, February 4, 2018
B. J. Bassett is a writer, teacher, and speaker whose "forte as a writer and teacher is to inspire and motivate others to reach their dreams." She writes short stories, articles, does book reviews, greeting cards, work-for-hire, and devotionals. Please leave Ms. Bassett a comment or feel free to ask her a question.